Meyer-Briggs Personality Test

I did this at a previous job, we all had to take a Meyer-Briggs Personality test. At the end, we all shared the results, and I was astonished (yes, really astonished!) at how useful it was. It was like being able to see a little bit how the other team members brains work.

https://www.16personalities.com

Here is my result:

More info on the INTP personality type: Introduction | Logician (INTP) Personality | 16Personalities

Anyone who wants to… you should take it too and share the results!!

NOTE These are not hyper accurate or anything. It’s just something fun IMO. For debunking fodder, see: https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1p2cki/how_scientifically_valid_is_the_myers_briggs/

I generally dismiss this test, and am suspect of any org that requires it, but it is of course kinda fun, if your letters match up with the people that enjoy personality quizzes, of course!

Reminds me of that LMFAO lyric, “everyday I’m prospecting!

@susan and I just kinda explained most of the questions to Clover, so this is a five year-old’s snapshot:

So, is there math to derive @susan’s personality with mine and C’s? Ya know, genetic brainwashing and all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m an ENFP! I love this personality test even though I am well aware it’s been all kinds of debunked and comes with a giant grain of salt! Maybe multiple grains!!! Salt is delicious!

Recently: https://judytuna.com/2016/11/06/enfp-literally-eleven-years-later/

7ish years ago: https://judytuna.com/2010/09/21/old-posts/

12ish years ago: https://judytuna.com/2005/11/07/609/

…looool

Also recently, I read this book and loved it, on the recommendation of my friend Chris: The Comprehensive ENFP Survival Guide: Heidi Priebe: 9780692532508: Amazon.com: Books

I love that Clover is also an ENFP. I always say that I’ve got the same myers-briggs personality type as Ariel, the little mermaid; now I’ll say I’ve got the same type as Clover. hahaha

1 Like

And Clover is definitely a mermaid (or so e claims… ENFPs!).

Hello friend!

I also really like this test. Obviously I would not use it to make hiring decisions or anything, but it is really handy for helping to understand how to try communicating with people. Like, if my normal method of communication is going nowhere, I think about the type they are and maybe alter things a little.

Hello, friend =)

Okay, I took this one too.

It turns out I’d taken it some time before. I found it in my email–I’d taken it 8/8/15.

Apparently since the last time I took this particular version of the test a year and a half ago, I was more extraverted, less intuitive, more feeling, less prospecting, and very slightly less turbulent. But basically the same. haha.

I guess I love looking at these things over time. I think it’s really fun that Clover will be able to look at changes over time, too. I also love that we are both mermaids. <3

One thing I liked about the series of books including How You’ll Do Everything Based On Your Personality Type (including the enfp survival guide I linked earlier) was that it was the first time I’d heard of the theory of cognitive functions. And here’s an article by that author on them.

I’m “Ne Fi Te Si” - relying on, in order, extroverted iNtuition, introverted Feeling, extroverted Thinking, and finally, internal Sensing. I liked this model a lot because, probably as much as I do with horoscopes lol, I find myself saying “oh yeah I totally think across contexts easily which is why my ideas won three hackathons and then can’t implement anything in any kind of systematic manner which is why I never started a company” blah blah blah. I also heavily identify with the part where they say ENFPs seem very extroverted but actually need a lot of time alone to process everything. I’m extremely on and off w/ energy, and I totally don’t ever give myself enough time to process things because I’m distracted by anything in the entire world until my body shuts me down and makes me lie face down on the floor for several days straight so I can Feel things I guess.

Because starting a new project is often so much more exciting (after all, it holds the optimistic hope of unknown possibilities, where Ne feels most at home) than following through and completing projects already begun, poor Te development may result in some rather blatant procrastination issues.

lol

As Pe dominant types, ENFPs may find themselves so good at “winging it” through everything with little to no preparation that they allow their improvisational talents to replace the development of legitimate work and study skills. This works up to a point, but eventually the ENFP will encounter challenges he cannot surpass purely with quick wit and Ne-ducated guessing.

also lol yes exactly

The only thing I don’t jump up and down and say “that’s totally me” with is the “don’t do well with a lot of detail” part. I sometimes obsess with single details and lose all perspective. I was the first person in my 7th grade literature teacher’s decades-long history of issuing a test on “the good earth” by pearl s buck to get a score of 50/50 (i got 99 questions out of 100 right; a few years later, someone after me got 100/100 questions right. But still.) So yeah I like details sometimes.

And here’s a writeup by that same author again on how each cognitive function manifests according to what position it’s in. Mine go like this, and I identify with it pretty strongly lol:

• As a dominant function, Ne manifests as a seemingly never-ending plethora of theories, possibilities and inventive ideas that the user is constantly picking up on. The dominant-Ne monologue: “I am swimming in an endless sea of possibilities about what to do/experience/think about next and I want to try them all.”
  • As an auxiliary function, Fi manifests as a method of reflecting on and assessing how the user feels about his or her past actions. The auxiliary-Fi monologue: “I need to isolate myself to process how I feel about the activities I’ve been engaging in lately and decide whether or not to keep doing them.”
  • As a tertiary function, Te manifests as the ability to source whichever resources are necessary to make the user’s desire a reality. The tertiary-Te monologue: “I will employ the most straightforward method that exists in order to make my goal, dream or impulse come true.”
  • As an inferior function, introverted sensing originally manifests as a resistance to tradition or conformity of any sort. As Si matures, the user will find themselves steadily more able to determine when traditional methods are useful in accomplishing their goals and when they are not, and will begin to feel comfortable integrating tried-and-true methods into their experiences as they see fit. The inferior-Si monologue (prior to maturation): “Out with the old, in with the new! F*ck the system! The man can’t keep me down!”

I love these things and could talk about them forever.

This morning Clover got in bed next to me and was trying to not wake up @susan, and said:

maiki, you are opposite, because you sleep during the day and work at night. Why don’t you work during the day and sleep at night?

At which point I got out of bed and made breakfast, because I guess I’ve got some things to think about… nah, just kidding about the introspection! Breakfast was made, though.

I spend most of my waking time alone. I sleep very little, but conserve mental energy fairly well. I can still only work for a couple hours a day, “work” being focused problem-solving. The rest of it I am thinking and digesting.

Boom! I’ve been re-watching all of Community lately, and I am definitely Jeff Winger when I am around people, and Abed Nadir when alone. I wing everything, except it turns out I often have an incredible amount of preparation in the depth and breadth of my interests.

Also, after I am done watching them, I am gonna make a totally scientific online quiz so you too can find out which Community character you are!

1 Like