maiki plays Animal Crossing: New Horizons

This game is just too much. I need somewhere to dump my thoughts, so…

Okay, gotta get this out of the way: I just keep thinking about The Prisoner (1967). Tom Nook really seals the deal… but we’ll get back to that later.

Okay, the NookPhone… its a custom ROM of Android with integrated F-Droid’s local app exchange feature. I’m guessing e runs a mesh wifi network across the island.

What I’m saying is, we can do that right now. We have the technology.

1 Like

Nintendo is run by a sentient pool of points. Just, every coin, bell, mile… a transdemensional form that slowly seeps into reality until we are all just looking for that next hit of points…

Meanwhile, NookMiles app is exactly why I don’t do point systems. This thing vibrates every minute. Tom Nook is tracking my activity… but to what end?!

I was actually excited about this. What a great idea, as far as a game mechanic goes. It’s not some out of nowhere HUD, it’s a phone! we all get how phones work!

He sits back and continuously rides the success that you the player have worked hard for!

1 Like

It is a tracking device so the “Selfie Drone” (your actual perspective in the game) can follow you. That’s why multiplayer requires a leader, there is just one bot.

I imagine it looks something like…

1 Like

I understand this reference!

1 Like

Do people in Japan interact with kiosks and mobile devices together?

1 Like

i am waiting for the moment when i can use my ingame phone to scan an ingame QR code. hahahaha

1 Like

Tom Nook doesn’t wear shoes, and has tiny red pads on eir feet.

1 Like

Happy Home Academy is run by a furniture industry group, based on the National Rifle Association.

1 Like

Apparently an art dealer of dubious goods has been seen making the rounds on nearby islands

Just how deep does Nook’s surveillance network go?!

Also, calling it NookNet from now. :leaves:

I log in each day before 10PM to check turnip prices. @maiki in the future, how’d that work for ya?

1 Like

OMG, @susan, Nook’s Cranny reminds me of the Tokyo Fish Market Gift Shop!

And of course it has a “webpage”, and it include images!

https://tokyofish.net/gift_shop.php

And in particular! :leaves:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Okay, so now we’re talking turnips…