steps i took to spin up a new discourse instance at forum.mycelium.garden on digitalocean

If I needed funds to cover talkgroup I would set up a form to accept online payments and reported the amounts donated. That way everyone could see how much we had and what it was used for.

I think of this method as being like the first step of scale, so once you need another person to have access to money, you need a more complex system. I was thinking of opening the form whenever the “fund” gets low, and only run it for a set of time, so then the vault is refilled and we have our runway. That way we only have to fundraise once a year (if we have to do more, we miscalculated). :slight_smile:

I look forward to joining your garden in a few months or so. I’d like to sit this bootstrap out, to get a fresh perspective. I’m always here (and there) to answer questions and talk shop, but I am about to launch a new phase of the engine, I’m on the exhale. So I want to focus on that; incidentally documenting Discourse is part of it, so we’re aligned there.

Where is it… ah: Discourse, by profile

1 Like