bart to san jose starts saturday

wait what? i’ve been joking about “haha we’ll never get our promised bart to san jose” for like 30 years so i did not have “bart to san jose” on my 2020 bingo card

NEW BART GOES ALL THE WAY TO SAN JOSE

11JUN2020Alex Mak - Managing EditorALEX MAK - MANAGING EDITOR

0 0

You can take BART all the way to San Jose, starting Saturday! BART’s newest station ‘North San Jose/Berryessa will open this weekend, and although BART is running at reduced hours and trains, they are running trains 8am-9pm on weekends.

Face coverings are still required when riding BART, and trains now run every 30 minutes Monday-Friday. (all up-to-date BART info can be found here.) And there is also a new station at Milpitas.

New BART map with Berryessa station in North San Jose

The new station has it’s own public art by artist Larry Kirkland out front.

Larry Kirkland took inspiration from the nearby San Jose Flea Market in developing his creation, a cast bronze wheel entitled “Life”

If you’re like me, you’re not sure you’ve heard of ‘Berryessa’ before today, in fact you thought it was a new kind of dessert when you first read it. BUT! You also like to know when there is progress in public transit, you like maps, and you like to know that if you really wanted to go to North San Jose, you could, on public transportation in under 2 hours.

A BART ride from SF Mission to Berryessa/North San Jose takes approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes. BART service to Milpitas and Berryessa/North San Jose starts Saturday, June 13, 2020.

Not fired up enough? Checkout this hardcore promo video: Flagship 30sec Berryessa Final 02 LT on Vimeo

1 Like

okay shoutout to that high-octane promo video. it’s SO EXCITING! i had to turn down my speaker volume knob by two whole turns! LOOK AT ALL THOSE COMMUTERS OF COLOR GOING TO WORK!

what octane is bart actually? does it use octane at all? lol

OMG, I’m so jazzed BART is extended! And eventually public feedback for the SJ transit network connections will be collected on https://www.mobilitysj.com/! We’re doing it, folks!

:rofl:

1 Like