Discover SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics

This quest to discover SEGA Mega Drive

I think I am playing this. Tonight I’ll look up the list of games included. I have ten, I think. Shining Force 1 and 2!

2 Likes

I used to have a Genesis/Mega Drive growing up. I can recommend you lots of games if you want!

3 Likes

When I imported this it didn’t escape the ampersand; it actually refers to the games collection at https://store.steampowered.com/app/34270/SEGA_Mega_Drive_and_Genesis_Classics/

I have played some Shining Force and it is fun. I’m more likely to track down an actual ROM, though. :slight_smile:

I have the Sega Genesis Collection on Switch. I still need to play more of the games on it, but they’ve all been fun so far. I love Golden Axe 2 and Streets of Rage 2. I wish it had racing games tho, like Hang-On or Outrun.

2 Likes

There is a way to extract the roms out of this collection, FYI. they are compressed and stored in some of the binaries. The tools to do it are win32 (but so is the game) and are floating around. I did it once before, back when this title didn’t have the 3d UI (Sega has been steadily updating this one for a while) and durring a sale when the title was being given away for near free.

1 Like

Ive been annoyed they didn’t include the Ecco games in the Switch port. Im guessing they wanted the flexibility to do a Sega AGES release of them.

1 Like