lol(lolololol[a new category])

I’m making a new category called Lists o’ lists, #lol.

It will be an announcement and support channel for a new interi organzation (coming soon).

This tracks the stuff I’m doing tagged #awesome-lol. I’ll be moving it to lol.interi.org.

I’ve had time to reflect on building this intentional list of so-called awesome lists, so here are some highlights:

• I don’t think they are particularly awesome, hence the lol
  • I have a better idea of what I want to know about lists
  • I can list lots of lists, not just the MS-GIT lists
  • I’m gonna incorporate Wikimedia Commons graphics: because!
  • When I post in #lol it will list as a blog in the footer and front page
  • When others post in #lol it will be listed as related discussions if matching tags on individual liss profile pages, while I’ll probably also list them as a “Most Recent Discussions” in the footer, too
  • I can aggregate the results of the list changes as an RSS feed, making a more reliable, automated “list planet”

One reason to have a category is to log what’s happening in the awesome list world. It’s kinda surprising, when you look at it over time, these events happen, like a bunch of folks suddenly switch licenses, or a set of resources disappear from several lists at once (big drama!), or my favorite: a project changes it’s license and suddenly nothing is awesome the list is dead for 4 or more years! Wow! Much humans, so chaos!

Why should people use this category? What is it for?

How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

What should topics in this category generally contain?

Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

The Lists o’ lists is an interi organization of lists. Not just any lists… useful lists. Probably.

This talkgroup is for conversations about the lists and the projects to organize them.

Knowledge is great, isn’t it? And lots of folks are out there curating knowledge for the rest of us. So I’m curating their curations.

whoa

Additional channels