Processing notes

~/notes/*

Unlike many of my threads, this isn’t actually one where I’ll keep updating. Instead, I’ll describe another component of my knowledge engine: digital notes

That is the ~/notes/ I refer to above. I have that directory synced via syncthing to my mobile device, so it is the equivalent of a notebook I carry around with me, except I don’t have to double type. :slight_smile:

I don’t need a processing thread for notes, since all of talkgroup is that bucket, or rather bucket o’ buckets. Just as I notebook zero, any given idea or scratch finds a place to live and ferment.

Now I have a taskwarrior recurring task to process that directory, which is good, given I often find years old files stashed in there, never rising near the top of any file list. This way I hope to be more on top of moving it online, where it is meant.

I’ve been moving notes into the lab (personal Discourse). This makes it easier to search and break off into new notes.

Basically, I find talking to myself across space and time to be more rewarding than static notes. I suppose I’m hyperwriting my thoughts.

1 Like