April 12, 2021

Continuing the discussion from April 6, 2021:

Okay, since my insurance has been turned off, I’ve tried to get my taxes for last year done so I could just show them how poor I am, rather than writing a letter attesting to as much. Also, I have a letter from the County of Alameda saying I have have Medi-Cal, saying my coverage was renewed starting March 1, 2021 (which is strange it would turn off on March 31, 2021).

Well, the person doing my taxes hasn’t contacted me (I am filing online with a real human at an office nearby, presumably). So that plan is out.

Just now I called the number for Social Services, and they straight up said in a message, “We are experiencing a high volume of calls, and unfortunately we can not receive your call at this time. Please call back later.”

:exploding_head:

Okay… considering this was diagnosed in Sept. and I’ve been suffering through this while my medical provider and medical insurance company bumbled everything up, and considering I just want to know what that antibiotics the urologists recommended is and perhaps a prescription (which I will likely have to pay for out of pocket, gulp), I’m thinking I don’t actually need to talk to a doctor and pay for a “televisit”, but I should be able to message them and request the antibiotics and they should give it to me because it’s the results of a referral from Sept…

Okay, breath maiki…

Aw fuck, this is tough.

Okay, 47 minute call later and I’m back on Medi-Cal.

So, here’s the deal: we are in different social services programs, each of which calculates income differently. Things like net vs gross. Well, my Medi-Cal income number was overwritten by an income number from a different program, and only for my account (no one else in my family).

And now that is fixed. I will wait a couple of days to contact my medical insurance, which will then be able to be used at my medical provider…

:weary: