All the codes! is dead! Long live all the codes!

So, https://allthe.codes… gone. Yep! But maybe it will be back. Next month. Or not. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

In Memoriam:

Domain Name: allthe.codes
Registry Domain ID: 004fc51d4d8e49daafe40ec896dfd35b-DONUTS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.gandi.net
Registrar URL: https://www.gandi.net
Updated Date: 2018-03-19T12:15:41Z
Creation Date: 2014-05-01T21:22:49Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2025-05-01T21:22:49Z

@tim, may I assign you as Owner, Admin, and Billing Contact for the allthe.codes domain? I’m fine staying on as Technical Contact. :slight_smile:

For certain!

1 Like

Transfer initiated.

That took a bit, but it is done. @tim is now the owner of allthe.codes, and I remain technical contact. We’ll see what happens next! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got until 2024! j/k

My goal is to get cgit up and running on my linode nanoserver in the next couple days. Configuring nginx to handle cgit seems straight forward.

1 Like

ooo can i try in 2024???

2 Likes

Is all the codes, just for code?

I’ve got some notes on interesting texts and the reasons their interesting, as ive been archive.org spelunking. I’ve also been documenting publicly available electronic texts from other places at the same time.

It seems like it’s within the talkgroup wheelhouse. Is AllThe Codes the right file store?

I suspect we discussed it on some interation of identica, but @mlinksva once pointed out the definition of code is fairly inclusive.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/code

code ( countable and uncountable , plural codes )

1. A short symbol, often with little relation to the item it represents.

This flavour of soup has been assigned the code WRT-9.

1. A body of law, sanctioned by legislation, in which the rules of law to be specifically applied by the courts are set forth in systematic form; a compilation of laws by public authority; a digest. quotations ▼
  2. Any system of principles, rules or regulations relating to one subject.

The medical code is a system of rules for the regulation of the professional conduct of physicians.

The naval code is a system of rules for making communications at sea by means of signals.

1. A set of rules for converting information into another form or representation.
  2. By synecdoche: a codeword, code point, an encoded representation of a character, symbol, or other entity.

The ASCII code of “A” is 65.
5. A message represented by rules intended to conceal its meaning. quotations ▼
6. (cryptography) A cryptographic system using a codebook that converts words or phrases into codewords.
7. (programming, uncountable) Instructions for a computer, written in a programming language; the input of a translator, an interpreter or a browser, namely: source code, machine code, bytecode.

Object-oriented C++ code is easier to understand for a human than C code .

I wrote some code to reformat text documents.

This HTML code may be placed on your web page.

1. (scientific programming) A program.
  2. (linguistics) A particular lect or language variety.

I’d say you are covered. :slight_smile:

Also, there is a “trivia pursuit pie” waiting to be filled in! Who will have all 9 definitions represented in repos first?!

1 Like