Discover 32blit

Continuing the discussion from Make directory of handheld gaming devices:

What is 32blit?

32blit is a handheld console with a big heart.

It’s small but it packs a punch:

• Brilliant 3.5” IPS screen
  • 400MHz ARM Cortex-M7
  • Analog thumbstick and D-pad
  • Built-in speaker
  • 4+ hour battery life
  • and more…

The 32blit team grew up in the days when booting up your computer meant being greeted with the blinking cursor of an interpreter.

It was a time when you could immediately start coding unrestricted.

32blit is designed to allow you to realise your amazing game ideas in a frictionless and fun way.

Code in Lua or C++

Lua is the perfect choice for beginners and advanced users alike. The modern soulmate of BASIC it’s a great way to get started.

C++ offers extra performance and hardware access. Our projects will get you started and our libraries will make it frictionless and fun.

@trashHeap, let’s start building an entry in this quest wiki page, and add relevant fields.

Which info do we collect? :slight_smile:

name: 32blit
screen : 3.5’ IPS
processor: 400MHz ARM Cortex-M7
features: built-in speaker, analog thumbstick, d-pad

info website!

Two quick thinks:

1. Adding links/URLs are fine. We can share that info, even if we don’t “hyperlink” it; the state of the web dictates this now
  2. How do we decide which websites to include?

Let’s think specifically about handhelds: which links do we want to collect? Code repos? Firmware? Leading blogs? Forums? Reddit?

For people (if I ever get to it), I decided to have “homepage”, meaning the place they’d prefer folks find them, or start their search. Could we move forward with that, see how it looks on different things?

homepage: https://32blit.com/

Eventually we’ll get into things that have FTP or gopher URLs, as well…

1 Like

I should note, regardless of what we call it, I plan to do random wayback machine submissions based on URL fields in data. For example, each time the site builds, submit 5 random homempages to the archive.

In that way we can make our own backups, as soon as something is data’d. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

https://32blit.com/ doesn’t have any links or other info… vaporware?

Still not manufactured yet. Prototypes are in circulation though. Development was running late and then hit the brick wall of Covid-19. Crowdfunding page has updates on progress. I’m optimistically thinking they might still make it by december this year, if not a hair sooner.