February 19, 2019 - Tuesday

2/19/19! i get a kick out of that ^^

slow start this morning… didn’t use my cpap machine, AGAIN. is sad. but i’m here!

today the apprentices begin DATA MODELING!!! and SQL!!! i just drew up worksheets to lead them through setting up a “users” table and a “posts” table for a microblogging platform. i want today’s theme to be: figure out why user_id is on posts, and why we do not try to put post_id(s) on user.

i feel mostly okay about the materials i’m making up to teach this! i kind of love doing this and am also terrified that what i’m making up sucks! but we can always make it better! aaauuugghgh!!!

i watched Won’t You Be My Neighbor last night. i loved it. even mr. rogers struggled with self-doubt. “what if i’m a mistake? there’s no one else like me.” it was wild.

1 Like

Clover and I are journaling each day after school:

Which is mostly me keeping em from writing all.over each page. I don’t have much to “journal”, since I am an essentialist, and journal whenever I want.

Oh, went in to “The Crown” today. @susan was there. We had an Americano.

1 Like

I LOVE this update! I love the photo! I love the picture that is very clearly of Susan asking what 2 + 2 is! I can see the box in the speech bubble (well, just outside the speech bubble) that shows that Susan is asking a question. We have complicated expressions going on here. Is Clover holding a pepper shaker? Or a fairy, perhaps? I love pudding!

Thank you for posting! I’m really ecstatic about this whole thing!!! This makes me so happy!!! I really hope we all keep it up! Have you told Clover we’re doing it online for each other in talkgroup, too?