God bias

I don’t think I’ve ever held the belief in supernatural events, such as deities, as confirmation bias. I mean, of course I’ve discussed it like it was, but I never think to myself, “oh, this is just them wanting to believe so and so”.

I know why: it is a pessimistic view of humans. I counter with my bias, that humans couldn’t possibly need to serve space people who control the minutiae of reality. Maybe it is psychosis brought on from the stress of seeking shelter from the elements or the balanced caloric intake that allows civilization to grow. Anything but the simple matter of humans are kinda stupid.

This is an oversimplification of course. Humans are wired for problem solving, but we are also wired for social interactions, and that is a cocktail capable of creating some profound problems that can’t be solved easily. It isn’t that God can solve our problems, God is a problem to be solved. And despite humans being creatures of habit, our curiosity means that exposure to the aggregate of ideas from around the world can deconstruct tradition, allowing some folks to solve their God problem.

So there’s that. :slight_smile: