Introduction! A wild fuuko appears!

Hi all,

maiki invited me to join, so I did! So yeah. I grew up in the 80’s, and when I was growing up, my father bought a Tandy 1000. It was awesome. I played so many games on it and really learned to love computers and technology. In my teenage years I played a lot of games, ranging from original NES to the Playstation and beyond! However, one day I heard of Linux. I was intrigued by the fact that all the software was free and that people pool together online to develop it. So, since it took forever to download a Linux distribution at that time, I went and bought OpenSUSE at the local Best Buy, I believe. At first I couldn’t figure it out, even with my years of DOS experience. Over time though, I’ve really learned to love and respect open source software and the developers of it. Nowadays I run mainly BSD-based systems, and am running FreeBSD 12 as I type this out.

After being born and still living a fairly privileged life, I want to help spread positive technology that helps everyone, not just the few who can afford it. I want technology that doesn’t destroy the environment, empowers local communities and gives voice to those who have a small or no voice.

Anyways, I’m eager to meet everyone and discuss lots of things!

3 Likes