Lullatone

Susan has been looking for music to assist the children at her work nap. She happened upon a group called Lullatone, which has made me happy in various ways.

First of all, Lullatone is “an art, music and good ideas group.” I love their concept, I feel like they represent a new form of creative group, unbound by the a single artistic or creative path.

They make music, among other things, and the album that attracted me was their Looping Lullabies. It is composed of lullabies set to white noise and womb sounds, which is unlike anything else. I need music to sleep, so it is a welcome addition to my cryo list.

It gets better! I’ve talked about my struggle to purchase music from Amazon and other weird stores online. Well, Lullatone uses a service called Bandcamp, which means that Lullatone is composed of smart, discerning people. Bandcamp is a pretty genius site that allows for consumer price-setting (as an option) and downloading in multiple formats (MP3, Flac and Ogg among the choices).

I was able to buy the album for $10 and download the music quickly, and this made me very happy. I was content, optimistic about the future of creators distributing their works on their own terms. And then Shawn and Yoshimi, the members of Lullatone, e-mailed me to say I was awesome… that really happened.

Yes, I am. And so are you, Lullatone! :slight_smile:

This post makes me happy. Its nice to find like minded folks on the internet!

Wow, how relaxing. They’re lovely.

When you play music to sleep, do you use earphones, or a speaker? Do you have a program that fades it out after a certain number of minutes?

What else do you use to sleep?

I have a lot of trouble falling asleep. I’ve never tried music.

Do you use music to wake up? I also have a lot of trouble waking up. I have a lot of trouble with sleep in general. I fear that this may be my only waking-up-solution: http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

I will write an entire post on this. I have very specific sleeping routines. :slight_smile: