marvel of the day

I somehow biked to work with my phone in my back pocket. It didn’t fall out or get smashed by my bum, thankfully! I see people ride around with ulocks in their back pocket but this was my first time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

did you forget it in your back pocket??

my phone always falls off my bum and clatters into the street when i try that!!

Yes! A little into my ride I realized I hadn’t packed my phone, but was too lazy to go back. So I spent some time thinking, “oh, how will I survive today without my phone? But it’ll be better for productivity…”

That’s the best feeling. That, “you know what? It doesn’t matter” moment.

2 Likes

The poptarts at work are not labeled. Most of the time, it’s smores since people don’t like it as much. Having seen a strawberry poptarts box earlier this week, I grabbed one then et voila, t’was the strawberry I sought! I noticed that I could feel the sprinkles through the bag, so I thought I had a trick.

Turns out s’mores has a version with crunchy marshmallows on top. (I will eat this later, no worries.)

I went back to grab another one that felt less bumpy… And it was brown sugar cinnamon?!

Usually my favorite but I was craving :strawberry:. Oh well.

Wait, @annietuna you’re a pop-tart fan too?? :strawberry: is one of my faves (assuming we’re talking frosted) but without a doubt :cherries: frosted is my absolute favorite.

And to show my age, I used to love blueberry frosted until ~1989 when they changed the recipe. It was a dark day. I need to research this.

YES SUCH A FAN. In my world there is only frosted. I grab cherry when it’s available – it is the best! Cherry in anything except for medicine is usually good. I’ve been drinking a sour cherry juice that Greek places around here sell. :smiley:

What did blueberry used to taste like?

Fun fact: bananas used to taste like the laffy taffy banana flavor!

1 Like

I was only 7 when it changed, but I’ll never forget it. It was MUCH milder in flavor, more like just a hint of blueberry. With the crust part of the pop-tart… it was perfection.

I had to find an image of the old box. Look at that typography! I love it.

Yeah, that is so neat! You can apparently still get those bananas in certain areas, and it’s definitely something I’d like to do once in my life.

2 Likes

hahahaha :heavy_plus_sign:

wait what? i’ve never seen a banana pop tart!!!??? i thought y’all were joking???!!!

and i’m now realizing from your photo that pop-tart has a dash! that typography IS amazing. the little circle on the lowercase r! the angled top edge of the t! smucker’s has a proprietary font and frosted is outlined! it’s incredible.

2 Likes

Oh no, I was referring to actual bananas, not food that tastes like bananas. :smile:

YOU GET IT!!

2 Likes

i saw a hummingbird yesterday so i got a hummingbird feeder. these are both marvels because hummingbirds are marvelous, and i’m feeling productive/whimsical and feeding my own soul is marvelous.

i weighed it against “but you don’t need more stuff,” and came out on the “but i miss it from when i was a kid and our mom loved it so much and actually i miss my mom i guess oh wow but also it has a place to live and so it is not clutter and it would make me so happy even if it is a bit indulgent i’m okay with it” side.

i’m sorry and also not sorry. L I B R A

:shamrock:

the marvel of today is realizing that when i miss my mom, i do stuff she does. this is obvious to everyone. quotidian marvel, lol.

2 Likes

Guess what I found! cc: @judytuna
I didn’t buy it, but maybe I will. For science.

2 Likes

They’re upsetting the balance of nature with these. That said, please try them and share what they’re like!!

1 Like

truly marvelous indeed:

i didn’t buy it, either. do i regret that? i can’t tell. maybe i’ll let myself buy it after i’ve run out of my current batches of both pop-tarts and cereal.

2 Likes

LOOK AT HOW TINY THIS ARMCHAIR IS!!!

I’ve never seen such fancy/legit children’s furniture before. Thank you, whomever donated it to Goodwill!

1 Like

that is a super-legit tiny armchair! it even has two pieces!

ikea has some very legit armchairs for kids too!

1 Like

Voilà!

It captures some of the pop tarts essence but since filling is important and only so much can fill a little cereal morsel, the original is ultimately superior.

But! It did have the alluring pop tarts taste and frosting and I found myself craving it. Pluuuuuus, portion control is a bit better? Instead of eating a pack, I can have a handful. Or more. :grin:

3 Likes

omg they’re really cute, actually! tiny pop tarts! and it’s in a sharks cup! glorious!