I swear, this post started out about alignment, and my opening paragraph had nothing to do with it, so we are going with that.
I have thought about creating a pen and paper RPG for a while, and it has finally come down to creating a hybrid of something like BESM/Ricochet, Fate and D&D. I like aspects from these games, but none of them do what I want (note that Fate comes close, and it really is a matter of building mechanics from the other games on top of it). So, now that I’ve decided on a game to develop for/with Nexia, I am looking around on the net to see what people have done, and what they are talking about. I’ve found some cool stuff, so here comes the linkdump:
Sarah Darkmagic – Very cool person talking about their D&D experiences. I wish I made the effort to log like them. I am sure it would come in handy later.
- Good, Bad, or Indifferent – About alignment in D&D, suggests Fate-style aspect system
- Running Red Box for the Crew: Part One – About running the new Red Box, a simplified D&D 4e
Fate RPG – Just check it out
- Spirit of Steam & Sorcery – A cool setting I want to study more, considering it for Steam Mage.
- Fate Conversion For D&D 4e – Not being developed anymore, but cool to see what others were doing.
- Fate Community SRD – Sweet!
- Legends of Anglerre – Fate-based fantasy game.
Now, let’s see if I can get my thoughts together on alignment…