StatusNet Widget

I was looking for a widget to post my status updates to. I saw that Judy was was rocking something in her sidebar, so I decided to try out the StatusNet Widget.

Because I am running a personal instance of StatusNet, I ran into the issue that Judy had earlier, about how the usernames in replies were linked to the site that generated the feed, rather than where that user lived. I decided to take my own advice, and contacted the plugin developer.

When I woke up the next day I had a reply from evgeni. Sweet! And despite my broken promises, I finally got around to testing it out. Edit: you can test it right now, as well; the git repository is at https://github.com/evgeni/wp-statusnet-widget.

There is now an option to pass markup through, which solves the username linking issue. It is a checkbox, off by default. I understand eir point, since “in theory Twitter and co could inject any markup (incl JavaScript!) into my site.” However, I host my own instance, so I have less to worry about there.

While I think it would be nice to be able to set that option per syndicated service, I wouldn’t want to complicate it anymore; the widget is so simple, it is literally just putting in URLs and it does the rest.

If you are using StatusNet and want to get your updates into WordPress quickly, check this out, it is very dope. Thanks Evgeni! :slight_smile: