The Gallery, a talkgroup proposal

I’m proposing a new talkgroup called “The Gallery”. It would be a ephemeral hypermedia art gallery.

Each topic will be created with some amount of hypermedia (text, audio, video, whatevs). The comments are open to anyone on the site, but posting is moderated; it is curated experience, but also there is some technical aspects, so it is to ensure those are worked out (it’s more of an editorial workflow than a permissions thing).

After 30 days the topic and all responses are deleted. Poof.

We don’t go out of our way to discourage remixing or copying or folks doing whatever they want; part of The Gallery experience is to see something fresh and interesting and temporary, and hopefully encouraging others to play. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, my vote.

… but also my sword!

1 Like

I like this idea, but I’m gonna change it. :slight_smile:

Instead, I’m going to create “The Gallery”, an XMPP MUC, where people may drop in and see art being made in bursts, and dropped into the channel.

Here’s why: I want an ephemeral experience, and Discourse isn’t great for that. I can toss the files, but all the topics and responses will only be soft-deleted, and that is the hard requirement for this project.

When I configure an MUC, folks may choose their own client experience, and I may be able to include it in a web site via converse.js. Options to explore!

Anyhow, I’ll be creating this and reporting on it elsewhere.