In the beginning... a filesystem

2006-09-14+10:57:48.0000000000 ./books/rpg/fate/spirit-of-the-century/EvilHat-SpiritOfTheCentury-Regular.pdf

Spirit of the Century!

This is the “pulp adventure” setting/book from Evil Hat. It uses an older edition of Fate, which have sense been waaaaay refined, and also the storyline for SofC was moved forward in interesting ways, including a “darker timeline” 80s settings.

I also happen to have a hard copy of Young Centurions, which I think happens in the 1910s…?

Anyhow, I never played SotC proper. Rather, I played in a really interesting game that was “Sword and Sandal”, taking place in historical Rome with monsters from beyond space and time. The neat thing was it being run by a person who used to teach high school Latin and had studied in Rome and was way into it!

I don’t recall anyone from that group, but it was pretty fun: one of them made miniature buildings and sold them on ebay (for other gamers that uses such props), and one the storyteller always brought a couple six packs of homebrew beer… it was really fun!

Hmmm, RPG books. Wonder how I’m gonna store those? :thinking: