Marriage equality / Kavanaugh / The sound of the other shoe dropping

I try not to directly mirror my Fediverse posts here. However I feel like doing it for this:
Fediverse post here.

Republican lawmakers in North Carolina, Tennessee, and Kansas have introduced bills that, if passed, would ban same-sex marriage statewide, despite the 2015 U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing it nationwide.

The bill refers to same-sex marriages as “parody marriages.” It also argues that gay marriages are a form of secular humanism, which the Supreme Court ruled was a religion in Torcaso v. Watkins .

It continues, stating “the only model for marriage that simply follows the scientifically obvious biology of human beings is the ancient model of marriage between a man and a woman, and therefore, marriage policies that endorse marriage as being between a man and a woman are thus secular in nature as relates to the Establishment Clause in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.”

They know it won’t be found constitutional in state. The whole point is to get the question back in front of the SCOTUS with it’s new makeup. It is a concerted multi state effort by republican lawmakers.

Im going to New York for my sister’s wedding end of March/April. Her wedding would be impacted by this, if it were not so soon. (It is unlikely that it could even begin to make it through the courts that quickly).

My Fiance and I just pushed our wedding back a bit. Nothing wrong just timing it for this year wasn’t in the cards for pragmatic reasons. We’ve got plans in case me and my Fiance need to get quickly married; but id rather not have to break glass on that one if I don’t have to.