Nearing the end of Once Upon a Time

Susan and I were fortunate to have missed a week of Once Upon a Time. Every episode ends with a cliffhanger, of course, but this close to the end of the season they are particularly unbearable.

Anyhow, we love the show. I think this is the only show that I would be happy ending or going on (I haven’t checked yet, since I constantly get burned on spoilers when I look up renewal status before a season is wrapped). I am normally one way or another.

We both agree that the family drama is a little overbearing at times (okay, most of the time), but as I mentioned tonight, “this is basically the same premise as Magic: The Gathering.” The revelations in the last couple of episodes expanded the universe just enough to tease, but I wonder if they can keep up the back stories. To their credit, they’ve done a wonderful job so far!

Another thing about this show is that we started watching it right after Clover was born. I read a synopsis of the show premise and saw the main character was named Emma, so we gave it a try. Considering that a large part of the show is about ([fantastically] dysfunctional) families, we were unfairly hooked because of timing. Maybe one day Clover will watch it and wonder why we were into something so corny and distinctly Disney. If so, that would be evidence of my parenting. :slight_smile: