This month in video games

We got a Wii! That was news last week, and since then we now have four Wii-motes with nunchuks, five games, Wii Fit (purchased earlier today), and accessories to pimp out our system.

The games are Wii Sports (came with the system), the Wario game that was part of the bundle, two DDR games (so we have two dance pads), and Mario Party 8!

The two games that get played the most are Wii Sports and Mario Party, and both almost always have four players playing. We are loving it, and it makes the PS3 look pretty sad. The first night we got it at least three of us couldn’t lift our arms the next day due to Wii Boxing, which is as adorable and fun as its real-life counterpart is barbaric. :slight_smile:

The PS3, to put it bluntly, has been mostly left alone since the Wii came in, not doubt already feeling the stirrings of lifelong therapy sessions, attempting to piece together the feelings of abandonment to when its little sibling came home and we all stopped paying attention.

One thing that I did, after talking to my sibling about online gaming, is decide to give em my physical copy of Burnout Paradise so I could buy a copy from the PS store. It was a three gig download, and you can imagine how awesome I felt when I saw it at Fry’s for ten dollars less than I paid for it at home (it is a Greatest Hit now). On top of that, I can’t use my old save game…

I have a lot to say about the interfaces and control mechanics of both consoles now that I have had time to play with both…