Upgrading: Fedora 30 to 31

Continuing the discussion from Installing ddev in Fedora 31 (but changed mind):

I do need to upgrade, so I’ve come to Impact Hub Oakland at night, to use all this glorious bandwidth to get the job done. Let’s see how it goes…

sudo dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=31

Error: 
 Problem: problem with installed package minetest-5.0.0-1.module_f30+3569+13fd2acf.x86_64
  - package minetest-5.0.0-1.module_f31+3570+17c32fe9.x86_64 requires libjsoncpp.so.19()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
  - minetest-5.0.0-1.module_f30+3569+13fd2acf.x86_64 does not belong to a distupgrade repository
  - jsoncpp-1.8.4-6.fc30.x86_64 does not belong to a distupgrade repository
  - package minetest-0.4.17.1-5.fc31.x86_64 is excluded
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

I haven’t played minetest in a spell, and I like to know how it is installed at any given time, so my solution to this error was: sudo dnf remove minetest

3.8GB will be down in ~23 minutes.

So far, so good. I downloaded what I needed from the Hub, but then waited until I got home to watch Stranger Things to run the actual installer, and everything seems fine. The new desktop image is pretty. :slight_smile:

Doh! I may have spoke too soon:

/usr/bin/python: Error while finding module specification for 'virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader' (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'virtualenvwrapper')
virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization hooks.

If Python could not import the module virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader,
check that virtualenvwrapper has been installed for
VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python and that PATH is
set properly.

That may be a morning task…

Found python - /usr/bin/python3: Error while finding spec for 'virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader' (<class 'ImportError'>: No module named 'virtualenvwrapper') - Stack Overflow and noticed the first, um, sub-answer. I ended up using:

pip install virtualenvwrapper --upgrade --user

I really just get by with virtualenvs. :grimacing: