March 4th, 2019

Electric drivers side windows on my primary conveyance have been malfunctioning. I decided I would finally have it seen to before it got stuck in the down position durring a rainstorm. So I’ve been doing my best to work remotely this morning in the waiting area of a car dealership sipping coffee. Their about finished.

I have a lot of negative feelings about cars in the abstract. Ive never quite owned one that didn’t give me a hard time, regardless of how I bought it; how new it was at the time, how great of a warranty etc. I don’t really like them, I don’t like owning them. Their best when they convey me and I don’t have to think about them; which they seem to do mostly but infrequently enough to be a hassle.

I’ve also been told by virtually everyone I know I simply have bad car luck; and while I don’t believe in luck per se, I have to agree in spirit.

I’m hoping to trade this one in this time next year. I might try and get an electric car. In part because of the environment, in part because the university I work at provides free charging, in part because less moving parts means less ways it can break in principle.

Note: I live in one of those places that has little to no mass transit system.

1 Like

@trashHeap car problems are always so annoying! :confused:

Just got back from blood work place; got 5 vials taken. Trying to determine why I have numbness on the very tips of a couple toes (from months ago), and now slowly it’s creeping up? Like parts of the bottom of that foot are also getting numb.

I’ve looked it up, and it could be a kaleidoscope of things, from vitamin B deficiency to cancer or tumors. Thanks webmd.

1 Like

Eeeep I hope it something like vitamin B deficiency.

2 Likes

I hope it’s a kaleidoscope. That would explain Tim’s walk. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

kaleidoscope is such a great word.

1 Like

we must find a kaleidometer for your toes and vitamin b! Hygrometer

good luck!

good luck with your car, too, trasheap. i feel similarly to you about cars. i want all of it to be abstracted away from me as far as possible. don’t get a tesla.

i am home sick today. sore throat =( and horribly asleep. i have had these awful dreams i can’t get up from about watching a documentary about refugees. in the dream this morning, i was by turns the person in the documentary running in flip flops with my grandson and some version of a judy watching the documentary. when i was judy, i had no idea what would happen next and plot twists would be revealed. that means my brain made up a story, hid it from me, and then revealed it to me slowly. or my brain was making things up as it went along and then said “ha! see this made sense all along! the seeds were planted in the past” but it had done no such thing

it is unsettling to me to think if my brain as hiding things from me but it probably does that all the tine

Won’t. I’m not fond of luxury vehicles. Im not a big fan of elon musk; and I don’t dig the cult of personality around him or Tesla.

Its also moot ill likely never be able to afford a Tesla even if I liked them. I’ll have to get a certified pre-owned nissan leaf or a few year old ford fusion energi or something; and then only after doing my homework on the risks of pre-owned electric car batteries.

haha, okay ^^

i was excited when the Nissan Leaf was announced and they had all these billboards saying “you can lease a Leaf for $99/mo” !!! i’ve never leased a car and don’t know what’s normal. but it seems cheap to me? i wonder how much they are now (idle curiosity; i am in no shape to have a car unless it doesn’t belong to me lol)

1 Like