Ink refill log

Refilled.

Been thinking a out oicjibg up a second pen… the affordable way would be another inexpensive Lamy. But honestly… I want a gold nib!

Refilled. Hadn’t been writing a lot lately, a lot of typing instead. But I think my notes will be increasing with a couple projects picking up.

Stained my thumbnail in a funny, not-easy-to-wash way. :slight_smile:

Also, looks like I have plenty of ink left! Today is five months in, and I suspect I’ve used an once at most. But in five months I would have ordered cartridges for my Baron Fig pen 2 or 3 times. Savings! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today I tried something different: since I drain the ink out each time, to ensure I get the most pull when refilling, I notice the reservoir nearer the nib filling. Today I expelled enough ink for it to start leaking out, and then I stopped. So the screw is half way down. But the pen is writing fine.

This makes sense, and I suspected as much, but until now I’ve still been enveloped by the novelty of my fancy ink and pen. :slight_smile: I’m still into it, just not so much the part that makes me stop writing so I can make my fingers spotty. :nerd_face:

Hey, still on the first bottle of crystal ink, though I got a second as soon as we learned Flax was open to ensure I’ve got writing power for at least a year of shut-in lists. :grimace:

Anyhow, the bottle is getting lower. I don’t know how to get to ink out without holding the bottle, and suddenly its beautiful base is unwieldly as all hell, and now I get messy ink hands!

At least I can look indignant as I flip myself off!

Per advice, I opened a new bottle of ink today. But I’ll need to make room to combine the old one, so it is still active. I think it is fairly conclusive this is by far the least expensive, most sustainable practice for writing.

No more metal cartridges!

Oh, and by “open” I mean “pry open and get ink thumb (again)”.