Recycle big light bulb in Oakland

We have a heat lamp in the bathroom above the shower; it helps warm the room and evaporate moisture. It is also red, which was strange at first and now I think it’s weird to take a shower in full light.

That’s neither here nor there…

We had to replace it recently, and I have to recycle the old one. But I need to look it up how to do with the Oakland system, and I thought it worth documenting.

There was a pamphlet we got and a corresponding online version. I think I can leave it on a trash can in a special way, or maybe that is just batteries. But it may be a problem for us as we have apartment cans that we don’t really have logistical control over; I’m pretty sure anything I leave down there will get thrown in the garbage.

So time to use my imagination! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The city has a landing page at City of Oakland | Public Works which basically says go to:

Be warned, that site is a disaster. They are tracking without at least four companies. Go recycling…

1 Like

I misunderstood, the bulb we have is an incandescent. Had it been fluorescent:

Hazardous Waste Facility at 2100 East 7th Street, Oakland

Take fluorescent bulbs, paints, stains, solvents, thinners, adhesives, pesticides, cleaners, household garden and auto chemicals, spray cans, batteries and electronic waste to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 2100 East 7th Street, Oakland. Drop offs are limited to 15 gallons/125 pounds per vehicle. Call (800) 606-6606 for days and hours of operation. Visit household-hazwaste.org or call (800) 606-6606.

1 Like