Discover Fabriano (the paper company that makes EcoQua)

Fabriano appears to have been founded in the early Middle Ages by the inhabitants of a small Roman town 5 kilometres (3 mi) south at Attiggio (Latin Attidium ), of which some slight remains and inscriptions are extant. Fabriano itself was one of the earliest places in Europe to make high-quality paper on an industrial scale, starting in the 13th century, and the town even today has a reputation for fine watermarked paper. This led to Fabriano’s prosperity in the Late Middle Ages and the Renaissance, and was also one of the factors that led to the establishment of nearby Foligno in Umbria as one of the earliest printing centers in Italy in the 15th century, from 1470 onwards.

Super cool! Huh? Oh, the quest?!

https://fabriano.com/en/267/ecoqua

The notebooks are made of ecological paper “Book Bioprima” 85 g/m² showing an eye relaxing pale ivory shade. Produced with 100% of T.C.F. (Totally Chlorine Free) and F.S.C. certified cellulose pulp issued from forests managed according to strict environmental standards. Acid Free paper with alkaline reserve to guarantee Long Life (ISO 9706).
The cover is made of ecological paper “Sirio Tela” 290 g/m² and is scratch-resistant. Available in 8 different lightfast colours. Federottica certified (cert. No. 654): the paper respects the standards apt to writing and reading. Ideal for any kind of writing: ball pen, fountain pen, felt-tip pen, etc.

I got a new notebook at the pen faire, and trying to find out more about the company has been difficult, in part because of the connection to the city-place. I’d love nothing more than to throw all in with an Italian paper company I like, but I need to learn more about the company. Hence, the quest.

There are also all these certifications and paper terms I’d like to become familiar with (because it ups my pen game, ha!). This notebook in particular is a good leaping off point, as it includes a lot of information.

While I do like this paper, and oh isn’t it fancy to favor Italian paper! But that is a lot of resources used to ship paper, so knowing and understanding the terms will assist me in finding alternatives closer to $home.

Also, I feel like the Pacific Northwest should have some kind of sustainable growth and materials paper industry…

1 Like